Apricot Iced Tea with Rosemary and Moringa
This refreshing Apricot Iced Tea with Rosemary and Moringa won’t save you from melting away but it does make any hot summer day more bearable. If you fancy a proper adult drink, it also works great with a shot of gin. Just sayin…
Before we dive into the instructions, please note that you can use other kinds of tea to make this drink – moringa is not a common kind of tea and I only ended up using it because I was working for a food start-up at that time. But hey, just check the notes at the end for some other suggestions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For 1 litre of Apricot Iced Tea
- 1 litre water
- juice of 2 lemons
- 10 – 12 ripe apricots
- 3 bags of moringa tea*
- 5 tbsp raw sugar (use more if you like it sweeter)
- some sprigs of rosemary
- ice cubes or crushed ice
HOW TO MAKE THE ICED TEA
- Pour the water in pot and add a couple of rosemary sprigs, sugar, and the tea (if it’s loose tea, put it in a tea bag or tea strainer). Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat to let the mixture steep for 5 minutes.
- Take out the tea and rosemary and transfer the mixture to the fridge to chill.
- When the tea has cooled down, peel the apricots and cut them in halfs to remove the stones. Place them into a mixer. Add the lemon juice and puree them.
- Add the apricot puree to the chilled tea and stir well.
- Place ice cubes or crushed ice to a glass. Pour the apricot mixture into the glass and decorate it with a rosemary sprig.
- Like I mentioned, moringa tea is not a must to make this recipe. If you want to use another kind of tea, make sure it doesn’t have a strong taste (like a lot of fruity teas do). As moringa is slightly bitter, something similar would work great (for instance, unflavoured green or black tea).
- Personally, I love rosemary in drinks. But if you don’t, try mint.
- If you fancy an actual drink, try this iced tea with some gin or vodka.
Did you make one of my recipes? How cool! Make sure I see your creation by tagging me @theroadbeneathmyfeet – can’t wait to see the result.